5 Reasons To Compliment Someone Today
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
I say this A LOT, but the power of words is incredible! Today is World Compliment Day and it’s aim is to get people to stop and think about others around them. To put aside their chaotic and frenzied lives for 10, 15, 115 minutes and do something beautiful for someone else, not in the form of gift giving but with words. For some people this might be a chance for you to get out of your comfort zone as giving a stranger a compliment can seem like a daunting process, but I promise you it’ll be worth it.
Still not convinced to give it a go?
Here are my 5 simple reasons that are sure to motivate you to give a compliment today.
- It’s free – Seriously though, a compliment costs absolutely nothing but has the power to impact someone’s day so much more than any other gift you could buy.
- It’ll create a snowball effect – When you give a compliment to someone, they are more likely to compliment someone else or even give you a compliment back. The happy feeling you gave to one person then spreads affecting people everywhere.
- Its selfless – Complimenting someone shows that you are paying attention to more than just what’s going on in your own world. It’s also a sign of genuine kindness and is a great demonstration of the person you are, especially if it’s the first time you have met.
- You’ll see more good than bad – Once you have gotten into the habit of giving genuine compliments you will start to notice more of the positive qualities in people rather than the negative.
- It can change someone’s life – Yep! We have all heard a story about how someone’s kind words have transformed another’s life. Your acknowledgement of someone’s efforts, actions or appearance can be the motivation they need to keep going.
So go out there, give someone a compliment but make sure its sincere. You don’t just get that warm happy feeling by receiving a compliment, you get it from giving one too.
Thanks for reading and make sure you share your smile with the world today ☮